KRAL PASTRY RECIPES FOR BAKLAVA
- 1 package (800 g.) of Kral Pastry Phyllos
- 150 g. crushed walnuts or hazelnuts
- 500 g. butter/margarine
- 1200 ml. water (6 water glasses)
- 1200 g. sugar (6 water glasses)
- 6-7 drops of lemon juice
- First, prepare the syrup.
- Boil the water and sugar in a pot of the specified size for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 6-7 drops of lemon juice before removing the syrup from the stove.
- Dissolve butter/margarine over a low heat before laying baklava phyllos. If you use butter, remove the foams on it by the help of a spoon.
- Oil the bottom of a tray suitable for the size of the phyllos with the melted butter.
- Remove the Kral Pastry Phyllos from their packaging and place them under a slightly damp cloth. (This will prevent it from drying out quickly.)
- Place the phyllos in the tray oiling them every three sheets.
- Keep this process until the 15th sheet.
- Spread half of the crushed walnuts and hazelnuts on the phyllo dough homogeneously.
- Continue this process until the 30th sheet by oiling the phyllos every three sheets again.
- Homogeneously spread the remaining walnuts/hazelnuts on the dough at the 30th sheet.
- Place the remaining phyllos in the tray oiling every 3 sheets.
- If desired, after cutting, apply the remaining oil over the dough using a brush or spoon when warm.
- Rest the tray for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180-200 °C until browned.
- Check the bottom of the browned dessert. If the bottom is not cooked enough, you can cook it by moving the tray over the stove.
- Pour cooled syrup on the baklava taken out of the oven.
- Rest it for a while before serving it.